- Turmeric has been used to relieve everything from liver problems to depression to ringworm in folk medicine, but, like many alternative therapies, there’s not always much research to back up the ancient wisdom. But that doesn’t mean turmeric’s powers are to be discredited altogether.
- Curcumin has been definitively deemed to carry anti-inflammatory powers, although its exact pathways still aren’t completely understood. However, that knowledge has led to a number of studies examining the benefits of turmeric to people with joint pain or arthritis. One of the most promising found that turmeric extract supplements worked just as well as ibuprofen in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
- Turmeric can tame heartburn and an upset stomach. Supplements made from the turmeric plant were found to be more effective at curbing heartburn and indigestion symptoms than a placebo, possibly because of the plant’s known powers to fight inflammation.
- Curcumin, the compound in turmeric responsible for that bright hue, is behind a whole host of the health benefits attributed to the spice. A 2012 study examined one perk of curcumin in particular: the ability of the extract to prevent heart attacks among bypass patients.
- The medicinal uses of ginger have been known for at least 2,000 years in cultures all around the world. Although it originated in Asia, ginger is valued in India, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean, among other regions. For instance, ginger (like many natural plant compounds) is anti-inflammatory, which makes it a valuable tool for pain relief. In 2001, research showed that ginger oil helped reduce knee pain in people with osteoarthritis.
- The absorption of curcumin is very slow so to get its maximum benefit one would have to ingest very large amounts of turmeric every day. That is why CurcuGin adds piperine in the formula that is derived from black pepper and ginger root gingerols, which act as bio-accelerators.
- Tested for purity and safety at industry qualified labs.
- Product is manufactured at an FDA inspected and NSF certified cGMP facility under strict quality control standards.
- Serving size: 2 capsules per day to be taken separately an hour prior to a meal.